1 March 2013

Poker Diary Update 1.3.2013

I seem to be playing 6 max cash again! This is where I started poker but I went to HU in order to improve my game a couple of months ago. I was not even considering jumping back to 6 max yet it just kind of happened by accident!

I cut down drinking alcohol quite a lot this year (in fact went "dry" for January for charity) and it seems to have affected my sleep patterns! I keep waking up at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning and cannot get back to sleep! So, I played some poker but the action was lacking at the husng tables so I looked at the cash tables and seem to have gotten stuck there (probably due to a massive heater!!). To be fair, cash games are a lot more suitable to my lifestyle as I can easily get interrupted by my young kids and leaving a cash table is a lot easier than leaving a tournament.

I have also been trying to keep it down to one or two tables. This means I can focus on beating players rather than just playing my cards. I think this is really important for me to improve at hand reading and reading player types.

I was talking to my wife recently about how different people learn things in different ways (she is a school teacher btw). It seems there are three different learning styles and people often fall into one of those brackets (although usually are not solely one type of learner). The more we talked about this the more apparent it has become to me that I cannot learn from just listening to people talk (like on videos) and I am quite relieved that this is the case (I thought I was just thick!). Anyway, I am currently trying to find out more about this and how it relates to me personally so I can tailor my studying more specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment (which will be moderated!)...