5 February 2013

Long Term Goal (aka "why are we here?"!)

Let me make an attempt to define my whole existence and, therefore, my poker existence...

"I value my family more than anything in the world and I want to spend as much time with them as I possibly can."

Do I need to give reasons for this? I really don't know if I do!? I will just say that although I had a fantastic upbringing I want my kids to have a better one. Also, the people who brought me up have never seemed particularly happy people to me, so I guess they have been doing something wrong!!!!

I leave home at 7.15 each morning and get home at 18.00. I do not see the kids as much as I would like.

My wife works too hard doing a job that is not the job she set her heart on doing when she was a kid(she's a teacher). I want her to have freedom from that, to spend time with the kids and to be happier and more relaxed when she does it (at the moment all she does is worry about school work).

I want us to have a couple of family holidays each year. Nothing spectacular, just quality time away from home and the household chores that are associated with it.

I want us to be financially sound to live the same lifestyle we live at the moment but with the added freedom that time will bring.

When the kids eventually leave home and it is just my wife and me, I want us to be able to do just about whatever we like, whenever we like!!

I am going to become a poker professional in order to realise these dreams.

So, in fewer words...

"I want to spend time with my family and in order to make this possible I am going to become a professional poker player within the next five years".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment (which will be moderated!)...