31 January 2013

Poker Story So Far

I started playing poker with free money when my beautiful daughter was just born (December 2008)and she had decided that sleeping through the night was not to her liking!
I got hooked straight away. I like maths and I like people watching. I am not that good at either though.
I played for fun for a few years, starting with $6 (£4) online and gradually built that up to around $6000. I have realised more recently that I was lucky.
I used that money to pay for my wedding in September 2012 (4 months ago) and kept $300 online to play with but it was only a hobby and if I made money again, well that was just a bonus.
A couple of weeks ago a few things regarding future employment and future finances changed in my life. I need to rethink things...
I am sure I can make myself into a poker professional.
What makes me think I can do something that I guess only 1% (probably less in fact) of poker players achieve? This....
Everyone has access to poker forums...
Everyone has access to poker books...
Everyone has access to poker videos...
Less than 1% of people are DEDICATED, WORK HARD and actually realise that to achieve greatness at anything takes work, work and a lot more work. (I always think about Tiger Woods when I think of this - I get the feeling most people think he picked up a golf club at 4 years of age and just smacked it down the middle of the fairway! Actually Tiger Woods has most likely hit more golf balls than the next ten best golfers in the world added together.)
Enjoy my journey, a lot of this is for my own benefit but maybe it will help someone else in the future.
I am going right back to basics too so some of this might bore your pants clean off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment (which will be moderated!)...