31 January 2013

Poker Maths That Matters - Owen Gaines (Book)

It is time to go back to basics.
This book seems an excellent place to restart.
I will list some points worth looking at and maybe attach my whole notes in another post if possible.

Something very interesting to note here is how the author likes to refer to the micros (low level games) as the learning ground for poker and not the earning ground. I tend to agree. So many people I have met through poker are trying to make $xx/hour and they go into multi tabling or playing the rush/zoom formats too early in their journey. I think this hinders their progress. We are here (at the micros) to learn. A quote from Owen...
"Your thought process is the true way to measure your skills and progress.

As you improve your thought process, your financial results will take care of themselves over time."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment (which will be moderated!)...